Monday, January 30, 2012

G


Ground Beef

I HATE ground turkey. I LOVE ground beef because it is versatile in many recipes, My advice is to always use fresh fresh beef. Don’t freeze beef. It can get gross if left too long.

I opt for ground beef when preparing tacos, pasta, chili, meatballs, cheeseburger pie, meatloaf (see my amaaaaazing meatloaf recipe below), and Shepherds Pie. Shepherds Pie is a fat girl favorite, and I am a fat girl. A buttery, creamy, meaty mashed potato gravy trough is comfort food to me.


Badass Shepherd's Pie

Ingredients:

1.5 lb ground beef, cooked and fat strained
One jar beef gravy
One half bag of frozen mixed veggies or succotash mix
One box instant mashed potatoes, cooked
One cup Cheddar Cheese or Jack Cheese
Paprika

Cook and drain beef while making one instant mashed potato pouch.
Return meat to stove with frozen mixed veggies.
Add gravy, salt and pepper, crushed red pepper.
Warm through.
Place warmed mix at bottom of oven safe dish.
Mix mashed potatoes with cheese and butter.
Place potato mix on meat mix.
 Sprinkle paprika on top of mashed.

Bake until warmed through and everything is oozy and bubbly.
400 degrees, 15 minutes or so.

Serve with our friend, bread.




e-mail me for more beef recipes.

Rebeccajill0606@yahoo.com

No comments:

Post a Comment