Saturday, January 28, 2012

Miss Becca Bites - collection one (start here)

Miss Becca Bites         


Hello fellow foodies. I’m Rebecca. My good friends call me Becca. I love to eat.

I live and breathe food. I plan my life around meals. I will try anything once. I love going out to eat. I enjoy cutting coupons, saving money and making grocery lists. I tingle in excitement as I shop and plan my meals! My cabinets and fridge are always fully stocked. I cook and cook and cook. I entertain! I want everyone I love to come together and share my addiction of food, drink and friends.

Food is my hobby.

With all this being said, here is my first attempt to create a collection of something I love….consuming lots of calories.  

I want to note….I have my Bachelor of Arts in Communications from Temple University, Class of 2001. Miss Becca here even graduated Magna Cum Laude. I haven’t written a thing since.

My inspiration to cook was from a friend who attended culinary school. The meal that really sparked my food fetish was  a crispy coconut chicken. My friend Allie pressed some rice in a small bowl and flipped it expertly on the plate. A dome of perfectly packed rice was the scenic backdrop for our browned crisp coconut chicken chunks. Perfectly trimmed green beans and a drizzle of pan drippings and this plate came alive with flavor.

Extra Credit to my mother - I’ve been fortunate to have my mom cook me some amazing dishes in my lifetime.  She has been my inspiration for 32.5 years.  That Dianne has a trick or two up her sleeve. I was very fortunate to have a stocked kitchen and all the cooking utensils I could dream of.  My dad is a well-fed, lucky man.

Miss Becca hopes to bring you many tasty recipes, tips and food facts that will help you believe in yourself as a creator of all that’s edible.

3 comments: